Monday , March 8 2021

The kit that probably hit the ship – BC News

November 28, 2018 / 17:20 | Story:

The supervisor of the RCMP officer, who took his life in 2013, collapsed on Wednesday after reading the latest messages exchanged between these two people for a witness's investigation.

RCMP Supt. Denis Boucher, who was the supervisor of Pierre Lemaitre when he was relocated to a traffic branch, told him that they could be in coffee and talk in one of the emails.

"I hope you are progressing in your recovery," Busher said, reading from one of his exchanges with Lemaitro. "I just wanted to tell you that I will always help you if I can."

Several people in the courtroom also wiped out tears while listening to the interaction between them.

Lemaitre was a guide and RCMP spokesman when he reported the inaccurate information he heard about the trial that he was not allowed to be corrected about the man who died after confrontation with the police at Vancouver International Airport in 2007.

Lemaith's former family doctor and psychologist said he had a post-traumatic stress disorder due to work with victims of the crime, but the incident involving Robert Dziekanski increased depression and anxiety.

Former media strategist for Mounties accused the department of issuing Lemaitre, testifying that his superiors had been "on the rise," which would not allow him to display the record correctly. Atoya Montague said that Lemaitre used to tell a fake story of the death of Dziekansky, a Polish man who could not speak English and became anxious after wandering around the airport arrivals for 10 hours.

After the incident, Lemaitre told reporters that the officers had approached the fighting man and had hit him twice with Taser. But two days later he watched a video of the witness who showed that Dziekanski was relatively quiet when Mounties arrived and that they used a stun gun five times.

Sheila Lemaitre said that her husband was transferred to her husband after two days and eventually moved into a traffic division, which he compared with "garbage dumping". His colleagues felt it and downplayed him, and the one who called him "superfluous," she said earlier this week.

Boucher said that Lemaitre was not a surplus, but "an integral part of the team".

The e-mails showed that the two men had a close relationship.

"It was quite a struggle to deal with this depression," Lemaitre wrote in response to his supervisor, adding that his doctors had altered some medicines because there seemed to be no progress.

Boucher said he was aware that Lemaitre suffered from PTSD and depression. He also described him as someone who had a strong work ethic.

In the meantime, Lemait's media division supervisor said Lemaitre did not seem too accentuated for the misinformation he gave to the media after the death of Jesse.

John Ward, a retired staff member, said that part of the work of communications officers is a confidence that the information that goes into the media is to a great extent accurate.

The prisoner asked him whether the RCMP was generally aware of the inaccurate information.

"I can not remember where we gave the wrong information," he replied. "We were cautious about the information we gave."

Ward said he would talk to Lemaitro after the Dziekanski incident, but there were no discussions on rectifying information, because when it was in the media, there was not much about it.

Coroner examinations are held to examine evidence of recommendations that could be taken to prevent similar deaths in the future and would not bring guilty conclusions.


The Iron Whale, which earlier died this month in Tsowwassen, probably hit the boat, found the necropus.

The kit was found on November 16 near the BC Ferries terminal.

Reports on necropsy released on Wednesday state that his death "is in line with the catastrophic strike of a propeller wreck," reports CTV News.

In the meantime, tests on the dead body body found dead near the island of Nootka two days earlier showed that he was born alive and probably died a few days later.

The DNA discovered that it was a transient whale, not a part of the endangered southern orchid population.

– with files from CTV Vancouver

Surrey's man who attacked an autistic man at a bus terminal in Toronto, was convicted in time.

Ronjot Dhami was one of three B.C. Men were caught in a video in a malicious attack on March 13th. On Wednesday, he pleaded guilty to an aggravated assault, reports CTV News.

Dami was given a 12-month sentence, but he was released from custody for the time spent in the service. He will also be on probation for two years.

"I'm sorry about what I did," Dami told the court.

The attack also includes the Accused Parmvir Singh Chahil and Jaspaul Uppal.

– with files from CTV Vancouver


The B.C. the government issued a call for expressions of interest to provide replacement of the bus to fill the gaps left by Greyhound's departure at the end of October.

The Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure said in a statement that 83 percent of old routes have so far been covered, thanks to the urgent tracking of applications from companies like Ebus, who wanted to enter. However, there are still eight directions left.

Now, their call for expression of interest is aimed at sensing what private sector operators, non-profit societies, community agencies, local governments, indigenous communities, or other stakeholders could be where they could be launched. The parties will still have to apply to the Passenger Transport Committee for a intercity bus permit.

The eight controversial routes are:

  • Cache Creek in Kamloops on Highway 1
  • Kamloops to Valemount on Highway 5
  • Valemount for the border of B.C.-Alberta on the highways 5 and 16
  • Dawson Creek to the border of B.C.-Alberta on Highway 2
  • Salmo in Creston on highways 3 and 6
  • Cranbrook to the border of B.C.-Alberta on Highway 3
  • Fort Nelson to the border of B.C.-Yucon on the highway 7
  • I hope Princeton on Highway 3

The deadline for submitting the interested respondents is January 15, 2019 and the announcement of bids can be found here. The ministry remains in talks with the federal government and other provinces and territories, working to find a long-term sustainable solution to ensure safe and reliable land transport for B.C. citizens.

Alanna Kelly

High-tech cameras in wild trapped rare moments of B.C. animals, which you would normally never have the opportunity to see.

In celebration of WildSafeBC's 100th edition of its highly popular video series Wild Wednesday, the best and most spectacular videos are put together. Full video has already been viewed over 1,100 times in five hours.

Senior provincial WildSafeBC coordinator Frank Ritcei says his favorite shot is a six-minute video about the wolf and their young men.

"The videos we got from the hell of a wolf and their young men, how often do you get a chance to see something like that?" he said. "Not so often."

Cameras placed over B.C. captured wolf and interactive bear, eagles and raven, bobcats, cougars and even monarch butterflies that appear.

"Some of the things we really enjoy are animals that do things that you usually do not get the chance to see," Ritcey said.

The idea behind wild Wednesday was to introduce people to the wild because it lives in the wild.

"Our idea is that it's better to see wildlife in nature than in our last street-eating garbage," Ritcey said.

The WildSafeBC's motto is to "preserve wildlife and communities" and hope to teach communities how to reduce the number of wildlife conflicts.

A full version of the video can be found on the WildSafe BC Facebook page.

Members of the high school volleyball team that participated in the accident on Tuesday are all released from the hospital and return home to Prince George.

BC Air Ambulance and nursing staff rushed to Highway 97 near Cache Creek after the school van left the road right after noon.

A team of 10 players and two high school staff in colleges were in the van. One person had to descend from the scene.

A team member thanks everyone who sent the best wishes.

"We'll all be fine," said one of Cougars. "Thank you all for all prayers and love."

One player was in critical condition but was released into the hospital on Tuesday night.

School District 57 Supt. Marilyn Marquis-Forster told Castanet that five students were treated at the Royal Inland Hospital in Kamloops before their release at 8:30 in the morning.

"Our whole group with girls and adults was at the hotel in Kamloops tomorrow and planned the way home," said Marquis-Forster. "Our understanding is that they are on the road right now, on the way home."

"We are absolutely relieved," she said. "We were scared … but today we are happy and free to return home."

The cause of the collision is under investigation.

Alanna Kelly

November 28, 2018 / 11:01 | Story:

Anxiety staff in a unique garden in the center of Vancouver hope that the three remaining decorative coins will soon be safe from the rare Otter that took up residence in the park and ate 10 valuable fish.

The crew are working to reduce the level of the giddy lake in the classic Chinese garden. Sun Yat-Sen, and spokeswoman Debbie Cheung says they hope the water level will be low enough to remove the grid by Wednesday.

One of the specially-brewed Koi was taken to the Vancouver Aquarium for safe storage after being covered on weekends, and Cheung says two more faces are spotted as the trail continues on the third.

Efforts to human trap and relocation of a slippery otter were unsuccessful, and Cheung says there were no signs of an animal for at least three days.

She says she will continue to reduce the water level in the lake to remove the fish, as there is no way to say if the eyesight is still nearby after crossing several busy streets to reach the garden more than 10 days ago.

"We scratch our heads," says Cheung. "Vidra did not eat anything from our koi, from Sunday"

The drama captured the imagination, launched several Hague social media, and even formed hypothetical teams that advocated the success of any otter or koi.

If the otter returns and seizes, there are plans to move it to the Fraser valley.

Cutting your own Christmas Tree Trees is a traditional tradition, and residents are allowed to go into the woods with a chicken, they must first get permission.

A permit can be obtained online, or contact their local Natural Resources Office or FrontCounter BC office.

Local offices in natural resources can provide details on specific cutting requirements and approved collection areas.

Permissions for free use are provided solely for personal use. It is not allowed to sell timber under the license for the Christmas Tree or cut wood in an unauthorized area.

When harvesting a Christmas tree, follow these tips:

  • Leave the house ready. Bring ropes, gloves, tools, tire chains, first aid kit, mobile phone and warm clothes.
  • Drive carefully. Be ready to cut the truck.
  • Be sure to find the right tree before cutting. Some permits are listed only in one tree.
  • Do not leave a sharp hive as this can lead to injury to cattle, game, pets or humans.
  • Select a wood that can be cut near the base and easily transported. Waste left in the forest can cause a danger to the summer fire.
  • Clean and remove all activity-related remnants.

We remind members of the public to check the online maps that provide the environments to ensure that they are transcribed within a particular area. No permits are available in Chilliwack County due to the density of population and demand for the tree.

A B.C. a mother who tried to bring her home for months in Ghana, the adopted son returned to Canada without a boy.

Kim Moran waited for her son's immigration papers to be processed, but was forced to return home to Abbotsford when MS absorbed, putting her in the hospital.

She arrived at Vancouver International Airport on Tuesday without her two-year-old son, Ayo, reported CTV News.

"It was probably the hardest part that I was fired at the airport and I knew … I was greeted home," Kim told CTV.

Moran was in Ghana from the year when she and her husband, Clark, flew to Nigeria to complete their adoption. Expecting it to last for only a few weeks, Clark returned to Canada, leaving Kim and Ayo in Ghana.

The documentation has not been completed after more than three months.

"All we're trying to do is give a boy who did not have a family that does not have a home, life and home here in Canada, and it just feels like we had a blockade of the road after the blockade," Kim said.

Clark is now in Ghana with Ayo, so Kim can get the medical attention she needs.

Canadian immigration officials say the process can last up to two years, depending on the country of origin of the child. Paper Morans was received in February 2017.

"The Accra mission is currently working on the rapid processing of this application," Immigration Minister Ahmed Hussen said on Tuesday.

– with files from CTV Vancouver

The classes will continue today at Victoria's Camosun School after a series of firefighting.

Koledz advises that the three buildings will be reopened in their inter-campus camp after one man allegedly entered and set fire.

The Business and Access Center, the Pacific Institute for Sports Excellence and the Center for Education and Innovation in Trade closed on Monday and Tuesday, CTV News reports.

The man was still in the camp when he was arrested, police say.

Aron Raska, 30, is charged with the break and entry, burning, crime and theft.

No one was injured in the fire, but about 2,000 students were affected by the closure.

– with files from CTV Vancouver Island

The Vancouver-based company hopes to make it a "green" Christmas.

For the second consecutive year, CannaCalendar presents a gift for those who prefer the way to sugar plums.

For $ 139 – or $ 99 a week on cyber-Monday – those who are not sure what to get a lover of weeds in their life can bring them 25 days of different types.

CanniCalendar Bobbi Hopeful told CTV News that the sections are filled with different types of previous versions.

"They sold out like crazy last year and our elves are working hard on every calendar with 25 samples of half a gram," Hopeful told CTV News Vancouver.

"With all the entries about what to expect in the high or medically important way of any soda, the fact is that the effects depend on so much of the user as an effort. So trying as much as you can afford is a smart way to find out which of them works best. "

– with files from CTV Vancouver

Const. The scarecrow will last for a while.

Coquitlam RCMP rewards Const. A scarecrow with an extended contract for a well-done job. The pilot project for the panel plate of the metal poster of traffic officials surpassed the expectations and more effectively slowed down the driver's drive than originally foreseen.

Since its launch on September 18, RCMP monitors its impact with the BlackCat Speed ​​Control System.

"Perhaps the greatest surprise so far is that even after two weeks in one place, people continued to slow down in the presence of Const." Scared, "Cpl. Michael McLaughlin. "The number of drivers exceeding 10 km / h over speed limits was half as compared with the Const. The Scarecrow was installed."

Now that Constable Scarecrow is proving its strength, the project has been extended for a year. Early indications are Const. The scarecrow will accept its extension of the contract.

Part of his perks include upgraded heavy steel and more realistic, safer features like a reflective tape that matches the tape on a police uniform.

"We are pleased that we've seen Konstable Scarecrow so much respect, but we understand that not everyone is on his side," McLaughlin said. "We assign more executive teams to support Const." Scarecrow. He is a man of a few words, and his more action-oriented colleagues have a much greater chance of enrolling tickets for people who still decide to accelerate. "

More BC News

Source link

About canada