Published: 15/11/2018 10:20
Those who buy eggs and eggs without "antibiotics" or "without antibiotics" are willing to pay a lot, as they are confident that they are buying high quality products and endangering their health. But what are these guarantees? Ciwf disseminates 6 legends to the meat without antibiotics and encourages consumers to look beyond the products of exterior and organic farming.
1. Only meat without antibiotics does not contain antibiotic waste. The word "Antibiotics" means that meat comes from grown-up animals without antibiotics. Usually, this conclusion is interpreted as a meat that does not contain antibiotic residues. This, Ciwf, explains, on the one hand, but on the other hand, under the law, after taking antibiotics, in the market for any type of meat you need to adhere to the days when animals are not allowed to slaughter antibiotics. Therefore, it is not necessary to buy "free antibiotics" in order to avoid antibiotic residues.
2. The animals grown without using antibiotics are healthy. Animals are not guaranteed the health of animals; it is not possible to improve the well-being of any animal in the antibiotic, unless it is clearly indicated on the label. Even under cattle and pigs, as Ciwf noted, it can be delayed so as to keep the consumer in the supply chain, which will cost a lot more.
If you want to improve the good (and, hence, health) of animal products, you do not need to buy free antibiotics, as well as a large number of seeds (such as slow-growing chickens) and open or biologically-grown animals.
3. Meat and antibiotic vaccine are obtained from animals without the use of narcotics. According to Ciwf, this is not true. Indeed, in pedigree systems, which often does not improve in animal life, the use of antibiotics can be compensated, and mass use of other drugs is permitted. In chickens, for example, in the case of antibiotics disciplinary antibiotics, coccidostat with antibacterial function and large-scale use prevents the use of so-called ionofors. the occurrence of phenomena resistant to their application.
In the Norwegian report on the use of these drugs, preliminary studies have noted the diffusion between some bacteria, ionophiles and antibiotics. The use of oxidizing agents, as well as the use of antibiotics, is essential for good animal health, but Ciwf is responsible for animal welfare in animal husbandry.
4. The term "not using antibiotics for the past 4 months" is misleading. Yes, it is wrong, since many pigs and livestock farms do not use antibiotics for the last 4 months, whether or not they are antibiotics. Most antibiotics are used when the animals are young, especially in the last 4 months without the use of antibiotics, oral or fragmentary long-term visits, but the consumer pays a lot of so-called "antibiotics".
5. Antibiotics are guaranteed to buy antibiotics for resistance. No, as there is no information on how the breeding system is improving to achieve antibiotics, and there is no information on how much antibiotics (whether important or 'survival') are available to animals and what antibiotics are used. the first days of your life and the time you specified on the label (for example, "the last 4 months"). In addition, antibiotics are classified as "guaranteed", ie released from "antibiotics", as information is not available because they are cured and treated.
6. Do you need to buy an antibiotic and meat? Ciwf Italia Onlus encourages all consumers to buy antibiotics free of charge or antibiotics, as there is no guarantee that the animal's welfare improvement will not be available at the moment unless there is an accurate indication on the label. In the absence of exclusions, free products of antibiotics come from intensive farms that are different from all other people. Large prosperity guarantees can only be obtained from products that improve specific conditions in foreign markets or in organic systems, such as livestock farms.
Anamaria Pizapia, director of Ciwf Italia Onlus, says: "It is one of the major marketing operations of major companies in the field of release of antibiotics, retail and sales, which allows consumers to spend more on products through misleading statements. Most of these cases guarantee health or well-being will not be given ".
Therefore, he urges us not to buy consumers antibiotic products, and to encourage manufacturers and supermarkets to invest in specific programs to improve animal welfare and ensure the health and well-being of the population.
DEFINITELY UPDATED © Copyright Adnkronos.